Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot edit branch versioned data with ArcGIS Pro Advanced

Thursday
Marco-Porcari
New Contributor II

Hi, I'have a strange situation about Branch versioned data, below the environment :

• ArcGIS Pro advanced licensed from ArcGIS online (creator user type)
  • ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 with creator user type (and relative ArcGIS Pro basic license as the new licensing model envisages )
  • Geodb enterprise on MS SQL server 2022

I have publish a branch versioned data on ArcGIS enteprise (User managged data store was registered with data owner RDBMS user), the service was shared in a group and other 2 users can access to them, all seems ok.

Users can login in Portal with yours username (creator user type) from ArcGIS Pro Advanced, users can create a version and can edit data without problems.

When the owner of services (this user have administrator user right on Portal too) try to do reconcile and post, he get an error like "Don't have sufficient rights to do this operation"

Ok , i know that for use branch versioned services in Portal i need a GIS Professional user type or a creator with "ARCGIS advanced editing" extension, but I'have an ArcGIS Pro advanced !!

Seems that when I connect to a Portal my license of ArcGIS Pro is downgraded ...

I try to get the license from portal (ArcGIS Pro basic) and in this case the system not permit to use branch versioned services dato and i cannot create a version and that is ok because ArcGIS Pro is basic edition, but with advanced ??

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thank you

4 Replies
Anne_Tetley
New Contributor

Might be unrelated but we've suddenly started getting Error: Insufficient permissions [Insufficient permissions] messages when editing.  We're on 11.2 Enterprise with mainly non versioned data using ArcPro Standard, we also see Start Multiuser Editing failed. in the server logs.   Occasionally an edit will get through, but mostly we're seeing these insufficient permissions errors.  We've just had our system patched for the Chrome/Edge update issue so I wondered if that patch was to blame.  But also the upgrade to the new user types could be implicated too I guess?

Marco-Porcari
New Contributor II

Thank you Anne for your contribution, in my case that patch is not installed.

0 Kudos
Marco-Porcari
New Contributor II

... and yes @Anne_Tetley , I also believe that the new user type model is involved in this problem, however I would like clarification from @esri  because as @geoxmas reported, in the blog article it seems clear to me that if I am using ArcGIS Pro Standard or Advanced  I should not have impacts with the introduction of this new type of User type extension.

MarcoPorcari_0-1720792874404.png

geoxmas
New Contributor

Dear Marco,

as you can see from this blog it seems like it can be done! 

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-enterprise/administration/arcgis-advanced-editing-u... 

As you can see from this blog post, it seems like it can be done: ArcGIS Blog. The blog was updated on 05/08/24 and clearly states that "The ArcGIS Advanced Editing user type extension is a license that enables advanced editing and geodatabase capabilities in ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, and the ArcGIS Maps SDKs." Additionally, it mentions that "The ArcGIS Advanced Editing user type extension will be included in the GIS Professional Standard and GIS Professional Advanced user types."

Given this information, it should work if you have ArcGIS Pro Standard or Advanced. I suspect this may be a bug.

Perhaps only @Esri can provide a definitive answer to this issue.

Best regards