Select to view content in your preferred language

Can I use python to update the symbology of an Image Service?

07-10-2023 01:41 AM
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm publishing Image Services (Imagery Layers) from the Catalog pane in ArcGIS Pro to Portal. I would like to write a python script that will update the symbology of the Image Service to match the symbology applied to the dataset in an ArcGIS Pro Map window.  Is this achievable with python?

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetings David,

Have you seen the article Methods for Updating Layer Symbology with the ArcGIS API for Python?

Check the section How to Update Portal/ArcGIS Online Item Symbology: and see if this gives you what you need.

Hope the above helps,

Miguel
0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@MiguelParedes thanks for directing me to this, but it doesn't cover Imagery Layers. Only Map Image or Feature Service. Still at a loss, as there's very little documentation on it and I assumed Arcpy would describe it

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
sxw_eaglegis
Esri Contributor

Hi David,

Have you had a look at using processing templates to set the symbology for the image services? Could apply a processing template with the symbology to each of the rasters before publishing, when you publish that should copy across that same processing template (symbology) to be used for the image service.

0 Kudos