I have a cached map service of the County that I put in the background of most of my maps. When I use smaller maps (8.5x11) it shows up find and everything is great. But when I try to use it in bigger maps (36x48) it doesn't fully display. It loads on part of the map, but not all. Is there a setting somewhere on my service that I need to beef up? How do I make it so that the service will fully load?
The cache is all built. I can view it just fine when I'm not in layout mode. Seems more like something to do with the amount of data I'm trying to pull from my server. A perfect example is when I'm in layout mode and I pan the map to the SE. The area that displayed properly before is still in the frame it's just in the top right portion instead of the bottom left. The portion that drew before isn't showing up, but the bottom right of the map draws correctly.
No anomaly there that I can see. Keep in mind that I can bring ESRI services in just fine and it shows everything. Just seems associated with my service. Not sure where in the service I would need to tweak this though.
Along those same lines, you can use a tool like Fiddler to check the web traffic. If you're missing tiles, you'll get http 404 errors. If you see those, your cache is missing some tiles at that extent.
Thanks for the reply. The images are definitely cached, I can make the areas that didn't display show up just fine, I just have to pan those areas to the bottom right part of the map. It's only happening in layout mode with big maps. As of right now I have it set to 36x48 and it's bringing in just the bottom right quarter of the extent I'm viewing. Basically exactly 1/4 of the overall extent. Fiddler shows the tiles coming in fine, and never shows me any errors.
Levi Roberts Did you ever find a solution for this? I just upgraded from 10.2.2 to 10.5.1, and my raster/cached basemap is not showing on the printout, but is on the web map itself. My services use a custom, but same spatial reference/projection for basemap and layers.
I'm still researching to make sure all else is setup, but wondering if this is a bug or other issue. I am not getting and error on ArcGIS Server, and nothing shows up in the developer tools. The map is created, just without the basemap.
edit: btw - I will open another thread too, but thought I'd ask here first.
Levi Roberts I updated my thread Solution: Print GP service not printing cached basemap (AGS 10.5.1) with the solution to my problem. In short, we have cached services that for a variety of reasons, the actual published mxd no longer matches the cache. This does not cause any issues with displaying.
However, simply put, the default in 10.5.1 is to have printing go back to the mxd to recreate the basemap on-the-fly instead of reading from the cache. The default in 10.2.2 was to always read from the cache.