Bulk Update Feature Layer URLs due to Web Adaptor Change

04-14-2021 05:30 AM
RDSpire
New Contributor

Hello,

My organization is planning to add web adaptors to our Enterprise servers and to delete the old/existing web adaptors. We have a Production and UAT Portal with hundreds of items in addition to almost a dozen different servers each of which will be having a web adaptor change.

Does anyone have any recommendations on ways to automate that process through Python or example codes that have done something similar? I don't want to have to manually edit hundreds of feature layers, web maps, and web apps. I assume the web app JSONs will need to be manually updated but there are a lot less web apps than there are feature layers.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You want the ArcGIS Online Assistant, it was made for this sort of thing.

jcarlson_0-1618409004408.png

Click either "Update the URLs..." under "I want to...", then select an item from the list at the left. You'll be presented with a simple find/replace dialog.

jcarlson_1-1618409051472.png

Edit: you could also do this with the Python API, but that probably depends on how many maps/apps you need to re-point to the new source. Once your find/replace text is written, you'd only need to click "Replace" once per map/app, so up to a point, I think it would be faster than figuring out the code.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos