Auto-update SQL views to REST daily with poly and point data

09-15-2016 08:25 AM
YOAVRAPPAPORT1
New Contributor III

I have SQL Views (tables) and I would like to "join" these to features (both poly and points) in a Geodatabase using a unique Identifier, and then publish to ArcGIS Server. The SQL Views are updated daily. Is there a way to automate this process and update the REST on a regular basis (one a day for example). This is similar to some posts i've seen by Jake Skinner any leads are much appreciated. #arcgisserver#sql view#sql#auto-update#rest service

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Yoav,

As long as your enterprise database is registered as a Data Store with ArcGIS Server, the service will update when view updates.

YOAVRAPPAPORT1
New Contributor III

Thank you jskinner-esristaff‌ for the response. Would this be the method to Join SQL Server Tables with a reference Geodatabase based on a Unique identifier and upadate records in a one or more feature classes? This is currently a manual process. We export a table of attributes from SQL, we join with a reference feature class, create a new feature class of only of joined features, and then publish to REST. I understand that registering the Geodatabase as a Data Store with ArcGIS Server will keep the REST updated when features are changed. I am wondering how to automate the creating of the features based on the change in the SQL table views (although it can be made spatial views we are finding it too slow).

0 Kudos