Arcgis Server Setup Wizard failed to synchronize

03-23-2017 06:14 AM
JennySigvardsdotter
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have updated Arcgis Server från 10.4.1 to 10.5. The installation in itself worked perfectly but when I entered the ArcGIS Server Setup I got this error message : "Upgrade step 2 of 2 : Failed. Synchronize with site".

I have uninstalled and installed Arcgis Server again but the same problem occurs.

The server have previously been updated from 10.3 to 10.4 to 10.4.1 without any problems. It is a Window 2012 server. There is also Arcmap 10.5 on the same machine as well as but it shouldn´t really make any difference?

This is our testserver and I use a EDN-licence. The license however does register without problems.

I´m not really keen on updating our production server until I know how to handle this error.

Any suggestions on how to approach this?

Arcgis server setup wizard error message

Thanks in advance

Jenny

Tags (1)
14 Replies
AlessandroValra
Occasional Contributor III

Any news on this? I am facing the exact same problem. What/Where is the BUILTIN config file?

0 Kudos
AlessandroValra

Ok I was able to recover a "BUILTIN" security-config from another installation. Using that in place of mine did the trick for me too.

I'll paste it here so that everybody could use it. Cheers.

{
  "securityEnabled": true,
  "authenticationMode": "ARCGIS_TOKEN",
  "authenticationTier": "GIS_SERVER",
  "userStoreConfig": {
    "type": "BUILTIN",
    "properties": {}
  },
  "roleStoreConfig": {
  },
  "sslEnabled": false,
  "httpsProtocols": "",
  "cipherSuites": "",
  "httpEnabled": true,
  "virtualDirsSecurityEnabled": false,
  "allowDirectAccess": true,
  "serverRole": "STANDALONE_SERVER"
}

DrewDowling

Thank you Alessandro Valra‌ This fixed the issue for me. I made a backup of the existing C:\arcgisserver\config-store\security\security-config.json file and then replaced the original with your code above.I was then able to continue the site setup using the original site admin account, not the AD account that had had its password changed.

One thing to note for others is to stop and restart the ArcGIS Server service after the change and before continuing the site setup in the browser.

Basically I replaced

"type": "WINDOWS",
    "properties": {
      "adminUser": "network\\account",
      "adminUserPassword": "oldencryptedpassword"
    }
  }

with

}
PhilippNagel1
New Contributor III

Thank you for this, I just ran into this as well. Luckily, I was able to just edit that file and copy the new encrypted password from a different server machine over to the one affected by this issue.

0 Kudos
MatthewIrwin
New Contributor III

i got the same error, remembered about the updated password issue - followed this solution(first time i missed the bit about "restarting the AGS service) - once i did that it  -  it worked a treat! thanks

0 Kudos