ArcGIS Server service stop working Error 1069:

03-21-2017 11:20 AM
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hello,

For some reason, when I open a WAB app that use ArcGIS for server 10.3.1 services, it can load any layer and that is because the services stop working. 

When I check ArcGIS Server service and restart the service I got the error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure. 

I login to the service 

It start working again fine after login. one or two days working fine, suddenly i cannot see layers in my WAB app and the reason is because again, Server service is not working, I need to type arcgis password again for service runs correctly. 

Why is my server service login out? why is it not working fine? anyone has any idea what could be happening to ArcGIS Server service?

ArcGIS Server 10.3.1

Windows Server Enterprise without Hyper-V SP2

Thank you,

Diego Llamas

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Is this issue specific to the local service account (.\ArcGIS), or does it happen with other accounts?

Are there other services that run on this machine that use the .\ArcGIS account?

I'd check to see if some GPO is getting enforced. To do that, while ArcGIS for Server is running, log onto this machine, open a CMD prompt as an admin, and run gpupdate /force. If that causes these logon failures, then it seems likely that this issue is compounded by some GPO. This is less an ArcGIS Server issue and more a Windows issue. The windows event logs should help to provide additional context.

0 Kudos
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hello Randall

I checked and yes we have two services running with the same user (arcgis) GeoEvent and Server. Both are having the same problem, they say are started but they stop working somehow. 

I run gpupdate /force  and it was successfully

I checked my server and mine is working fine and is not using arcgis is using local system

Should I change one of them to local system?

Thanks for your help!

Diego Llamas

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

I typically refrain from running much as local system because that's a highly privileged account. Do you see any errors in your windows event logs?

0 Kudos
MarinProdan
New Contributor II

Hi, I had that problem. But has been resolved by changing the password for the ArcGIS profile or try to use local system account for arcgis server windows services(services.msc)

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Organizations frequently enforce password policies forcing users to reset passwords every x number of days. There's a concept of 'managed service accounts' that would help password management with ArcGIS Enterprise.

Please contact support services to request to be added to the list of users who would like to see these enhancements implemented:

[#ENH-000099031 ArcGIS Server's setup (GUI) requires the administrator to supply the username (which is known) and the password (which is unknown) in order for the setup to proceed. This precludes the use of managed service accounts with ArcGIS Server.]

[#ENH-000099020 Add support for managed service accounts within the Portal for ArcGIS product setup (either silent or gui setup.)]