ArcGis Server Manager

06-26-2019 03:08 PM
FernandoVasquez
New Contributor II

Hi everyone, can you help me? 

when I wanted to install ArcGis Server Manager, i have this problem:

"Error there was an error creating your initial administrator account

index service configuration failed 

For more information, please view the log located in the content directory specified during setup (C:\sites\srcgisportal\logs)"

Do you know what is the possible solution or something like that ???

Attached the image 

Thank yo so much 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Fernando,

What release of ArcGIS Enterprise are you trying to install?

> when I wanted to install ArcGis Server Manager

The screenshot indicates that you're trying to setup a Portal for ArcGIS site, not ArcGIS Server Manager - can you please confirm?

> For more information, please view the log located in the content directory specified during setup (C:\sites\srcgisportal\logs)

Have you looked at the contents of the log file? What does it say? Can you please post the contents of the log?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
FernandoVasquez
New Contributor II

Hi Derek 

About your questions: 

What release of ArcGIS Enterprise are you trying to install?

It´s 10.7

Have you looked at the contents of the log file? What does it say? Can you please post the contents of the log?

<Msg time="2019-06-27T14:46:56,165" type="SEVERE" code="110506" source="Data Store" process="3436" thread="60" methodName="" Attempt to configure data store failed. Attempt to configure data store failed.. Extended error message: Failed to configure spatiotemporal big data store.. Extended error message: Failed to start spatiotemporal big data store machine.. Extended error message: Failed to start spatiotemporal big data store machine.</Msg>

<Msg time="2019-06-27T14:46:56,165" type="SEVERE" code="218028" source="Portal Admin" process="3436" thread="1" methodName="" Index Service configuration failed.</Msg>

This is the contents of the log

Thank you for your support  

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Fernando,

> Failed to configure spatiotemporal big data store

I suggest you verify that you've met the system requirements for the ArcGIS Data Store:

ArcGIS Data Store 10.7.x system requirements—ArcGIS Enterprise system requirements | ArcGIS Enterpri... 

For example, for the spatiotemporal big data store you need 16 GB free memory.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you on a one core machine? If so, The internal index service will fail to start:

BUG-000122935 - Unable to create a site or initial administrator account for Portal for ArcGIS 10.7 on a single core machine.

If you have more than one core, take a look at the logs under C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\framework\runtime\ds\usr\logs\<machine>\elasticlog

Su_MayOo
New Contributor

Hi Jonathan, 

I am having the same error message as above while I am creating ArcGIS Portal site and creating ArcGIS portal administrator account. But I am using Linux OS. The BUG is recorded as Windows platform.

May I know if my issue is also related to this bug BUG-000122935: Unable to create a site or initial administrator acc..  ? 

We currently have 4 CPU and 1 core per socket. Do we need to have multiple core in each CPU? eg., 4 Cores per CPU? Can we also have like 2 CPU with 2 cores each? Because minimum requirement for Portal server is 4 cores for 100 concurrent users. Please advise. 

I am using below versions of ArcGIS, OS and current configuration of the server. 

ArcGIS version: ArcGIS Portal 10.7.1
OS version : Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7.6 (Maipo)
Below is the error message in the log file. 
Thanks in advance, 
Su May
0 Kudos
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor

Adding additional cores to our single-core virtual machines resolved this error for us as Jonathan Quinn suggests via the aforementioned bug.

0 Kudos