ArcGIS Server 10.5.1 publish error

11-08-2017 10:51 AM
JoelBrown
New Contributor II

OK y'all, I have an windows 7 machine (my development box) with ArcGIS for Desktop 10.5.1, ArcObjects .NET SDK 10.5.1, and ArcGIS Server 10.5.1.  I cannot publish a map service to ArcGIS Server from either ArcMap or ArcGIS Server manager (via a .SD file).  The errors in the ArcGIS Server log is exactly the same regardless of how i publish:

• Error executing tool. PublishServiceDefinition Job ID: jc6dc6f0ec0444fc3b6956c075fb40d0d : ERROR 001362: Failed to extract manifest from uploaded service definition. Failed to execute (Publish Service Definition).
  • Failed to extract manifest from uploaded service definition.: ERROR: C7ZipReader.Initialize failed: C:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisuploads\admin\i8eac0667-441e-4dd8-a389-87dabed5a759\test.sd. The SD may be of a version not supported by this server's runtime.

Anyone have any advice on how to fix this issue?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can you publish the mapservice with the standard workflow where you don't use the SD file?

0 Kudos
JoelBrown
New Contributor II

No. The map service will not publish via the standard workflow (i.e., with an ArcMap MXD file).  I get the same exact error in the log as when i publish with a .sd file through ArcGIS Server Manager.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Have you ever published mapservices using an earlier version of ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Server (e.g. 10.3.x, 10.4.x, etc.)?

0 Kudos
JoelBrown
New Contributor II

I previously had ArcGIS Destkop and ArcGIS server 10.4.1 installed and had the same issue.  I uninstalled ArcGIS desktop and was able to publish to ArcGIS Server with a .sd file.  I then uninstalled everything and installed ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Server 10.5.1 and ran into this issue again. 

0 Kudos
WilliamSchoefmann
New Contributor II

I was also having this issue after upgrading to 10.5.1.  After some hours of wasted trouble shooting, I resolved to try publishing with ArcGIS Pro.  Low and Behold, success.
Imgur 

0 Kudos