Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGis Server 10.3 data store folder subscription fail

05-28-2015 12:55 PM
TremblayMarc-Étienne
New Contributor

Hi,

We have an new ArcGis Server 10.3 and we try to add  link to a sharing folder via the Server manager web interface.

When we go in  Site->DataStore we find a web page with 2 table.

First one is to add database subscrition and second one to add folder subscription.

In this case I try to add a new folder subscription to a shared folder.

When I add a shared folder who are directly on the server that's work very well.

When I try to add a folder who are on a  external QNAP drive linked on the lan I receive the error like I dont have permission on this folder.

We have try to create local server account on the QNAP without success. The GUI refuse to connect on this folder.

When I close my session on the server, and I open a new one with one of the account who are on the server and on the QNAP, I could without any problem map a drive on the shared folder. I have read/write access.

I have try to map with all this sequences:

\\ ip of the QNAP\sharing folder name

\\nom of the QNAP\sharing folder name

Each I have the same message than I could not connect to this folder because It do not exist or we dont have require access.

The only diffrence I have found between my shared folder on the server who work fine and the shared folder on my QNAP is  DCOM access services who are in my security list associate to my server folder and who dont exist on my QNAP.

When I check the 2 folder security  permission list I find the same user on th both folders except the DCOM.

Any idea is welcome !

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TremblayMarc-Étienne
New Contributor

Hi,

I have continu to think at my connection problem.

Like Windows user could connect a map drive without any problems on the sharing folder of the QNAP.

The trouble come maybe not from the user who use for the connection, but from the service use by Argis server to  try to connect on the share...

What is the service use by Arcgis Server 10.3 to connect on shared folders ?

In my QNAP  I have the Microsoft share services at on , maybe I need to had another option ? 

Thank you for your comments or suggestions.

0 Kudos
TremblayMarc-Étienne
New Contributor

Like my server is in french, I have translate error message:

Invalid folder location. Access to this site is impossible.

0 Kudos
TremblayMarc-Étienne
New Contributor

I have put resolve for this question , but I have forgot to say the solution.

After research on esri web site and on Google who have give me another link to a post on this forum.

I have find in the to source than we need to give access to the argis server user to add folder subscription.

So How can find this user, I have try each one who are built in the local server.

After another research on the internet, I have find than  I could use built in soft from esi who give possibility to change de admin user of the server.

I have find in this Windows the real name of my esri administrator. After than I had this one on my QNAP with the good security I have test and I could now add a subscrition folder !

After few test, to merge somes pictures we have found with the esri support than we need to give acess at the esri server user to the subfolder in the arcgisserver folder.

So I have add the user with modify option on the argisserver folder and all subfolder who contain.

Now the jobs is started since few days and we dont have any other crash.

I hope than this post could be help somes others peoples in the same situation.

0 Kudos