ArcGIS Server 10.2.2 on Windows 2012 R2 Failover Cluster Environment

10-16-2014 01:35 AM
EyadHammad
New Contributor

Greetings,

can you please share with me sequence of steps i need to do to have arcgis server work on failover active/passive cluster enviornment ?

i understand that the general idea is to have the configuration folders on network storage

but how can we make this correctly as each site creation identifies and keeps track of the node it was created on in its configuration files so if i can make it work on node 1, then fool node 2 to point to successful configuration done on node 1 after moving them to network storage, there is still the problem of records of node one in the configuration files and the absense of node 2 where we are trying to start the system on

so what is the trick i am missing ?

i create arcgis server site on node 1 and have it populate with services roles and users

move directories and config-store to attached network storage

i do windows cluster failover so the attached network storage is assigned to node 2

i create arcgis server site 2 on node 2 where directories and config store on local

attempt to change the directories and config-store locations to match paths provided in node one

where am i going wrong ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EyadHammad
New Contributor

when i point the second node to the shared configuration folder, it recognizes that the Config-Store was part of another site and prevents pointing to it

0 Kudos