Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1: Are the published services (map or feature) of feature classes stored in file geodatabase more performant than those stored in branc

09-18-2022 01:38 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1: Are the published services (map or feature) of feature classes stored in file geodatabase more performant than those stored in branch enterprise geodatabase?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
2 Replies
berniejconnors
Regular Contributor

In my opinion, if you don't need an enterprise geodatabase (multi-user relational database) then it is best to avoid the additional complexity.  It has been a long time since we did any testing so I can't say if a file geodatabase would be faster but I suspect it is marginally faster.  But that depends on where your file geodatabase is stored and the speed of the storage system versus the speed of your enterprise database system.

Bernie.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Right. I need to have multiuser editing environment.

Currently, we do have an enterprise geodatabase where multiusers can enjoy editing but this enterprise geodatabase is transferred to file geodatabase in a regular basis. The feature classes stored in the file geodatabase are the published ones. We avoid publishing the feature classes stored in the enterprise geodatabase due to the unsatisfactory performance.

Just I wanted to know if new technology represented in the branch (but not the traditional) enterprise geodatabase has an equivalent performance as the file

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos