ArcGIS Online overwrite Feature Service from ArcGIS Enterprise and New layer does not show up in AGOL Web Map

08-03-2018 12:29 PM
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

ArcGIS - AGOL / Enterprise,

We tried overwriting a Feature Service after adding a new layer in the mxd from ArcGIS Enterprise and the New layer does not show up in AGOL Web Map used for Web AppBuilder or Operations Dashboard.

We are not adding or removing layers and overwriting services until this is resolved.

Logged esri support ticket referencing this bug reproducible at 10.4.1 and 10.6.

#BUG-000115558

8 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Did you have any special customization with your webmap before adding the new layer in the mxd such as the formatting of popups?  I was working with ESRI to try to pinpoint what causes this disconnect between the mxd and webmap and we were unable to determine the root cause.

BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Our scenario showed up after just adding another existing layer from our geodatabase to the mxd for some context such as parcels.

Had to publish different (New) services and completely recreate the Ops Dashboard and Web AppBuilder Ops Dashboard theme apps to get the job done as requested.

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Michael,

Esri has now created Enhancement Request ENH-000108149 for these issues.

It is a roll-up of other bugs and enhancement requests that had been closed as "Expected Behavior" because users should plan ahead for all the layers needed on the initial publish of the service, creation of web maps and applications.

Example:

NIM099148
NIM085436
BUG-000092554
BUG-000093880
ENH-000094254
ENH-000080928

I hope I don't make any mistakes, forget anything, have any boss of me change their mind after that initial publishing step.

That perfect workflow scenario would seem to only work for a demonstration but even that would be frustrating if "something came up" while preparing the demo.

I'm looking forward to the fix for this ASAP.

-Bill

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are the NIMs and Bugs shown above connected so it's really only 2 bugs?  I ask because I thought a NIM is created for every Bug.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

https://community.esri.com/thread/215875-new-ags-mapservice-layers-not-showing-in-agol-webmap 

This above link shows a thread I started with the current workaround, so at least you have an option not to rebuild your app, but it really seems like a hack job instead of the software seamlessly handling updates to mapservices when working with webmaps.

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Esri may have more references but those are the ones they listed for examples of these issues.

I just created this ArcGIS Idea for review and comment:

https://community.esri.com/ideas/15372 

0 Kudos
Kara_Lara
New Contributor III

This is awful!! Any update on this? We've spent so much time w/ ESRI on the phone trying to trouble shoot this issue (except w/ map services, not feature services). Every page & post I find seems to be a dead end. I think ESRI is just hoping to ignore this issue long enough to implement a "solution" that ends up costing the consumers more money. #frustrated

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Updated tags to include TLS.

As it is another example of needing the software to seamlessly handle updates to map services, web maps and apps

Michael Volz

0 Kudos