ArcGIS Image Service Display Issues

08-29-2016 02:22 PM
MikeBly
Occasional Contributor

HI All,

Publishing an image service to ArcGIS Server to be used as a map service in Geocortex. The image service is successfully published using a mosaic dataset. Have published from both FGDB and SDE  just to trouble shoot.

The issue is when I add the service to Geocortex I can just a checkerboard for the image. I am trying to determine if this is an issue with the steps taken in publishing the service on the ArcGIS side or if this is an issue within Geocortex. I am posting this in both forums.

During the publishing process I get no errors or warnings and get a smooth publication to Server. Images are referenced, mosiac dataset. In Geocortex they appear in the right geographic location  - just as a checkerboard and no image.

Thoughts?

THanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mike,

When you added the rasters to the mosaic dataset, did you add them using a UNC path?  For example, \\server\data\rasters\TIFF.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Please check if you are able to view this image service in Arc Map if not then check image service.

or

check for image service display properties and conditions like(view of mosaic data sets are created proper or not)

MikeBly
Occasional Contributor

Unable to view the service in ArcMap, as well added data using .ECW file rasters as a dataset.........

0 Kudos
NeilAyres
MVP Alum

I think you need some licence or something to use *.ecw in a map service(?).

Why not convert them to tif first, then build a mosaic from that, plus overviews etc etc.

JakeSkinner
0 Kudos
MikeBly
Occasional Contributor

Rebuilt the mosaic with .tif raster instead, published new service - still no luck. Cannot preview or view in ArcMap....

0 Kudos
NeilAyres
MVP Alum

Sorry, but can you see the mosaic (as is, not the service) in ArcMap? 

What version, desktop, server etc

0 Kudos
MikeBly
Occasional Contributor

Hi Neil,

Yes, can see the mosaic as is when previewed in both ArcMap and Catalog. I am using 10.3.1 across the board. I hav e checked in Server Manager to ensure that I have the Image Extension installed and working. Looking in Server Manager under software authorizations I see "Image" as authorized - it safe to assume that this is the Image Server Extension..?

Thanks for the continued input on this,

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Is ArcGIS Server installed on the same server you successfully viewed the mosaic dataset from?  If it's not, it's most likely a permissions issue.  If you're receiving the checkered board view, check to make sure you loaded the raster into the mosaic dataset using a UNC path.