ArcGIS Hub / Enterprise Sites: Is there any documentation on how to get symbology?

Jump to solution
01-25-2021 04:44 AM
Martin1
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am building an OpenData Site based on ArcGIS Hub / Enterprise Sites.

I wonder if there is any documentation on how to configure it in a way that symbology is being shown in the little mapviewer. I found out that if I share a Feature Layer it never shows symbology. However, if I share a Map Image Layer it sometimes does. 

I have around 300 datasets that are all shared in the same way using a Python script. In half of the cases a symbology is shown, in the other cases not. Is there any documentation on how I need to configure my data before publishing it to ArcGIS Hub / Enterprise sites such that I can get a symbology?

Please see screenshots below for reference:

with symbology:

with symbologywith symbology

without symbology

without symbologywithout symbology

Thanks,

Martin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey there Martin,

Thank you for reaching out and I apologize for the time it has taken me to reply. There is an active enhancement for this issue (albeit for ArcGIS Online): ENH-000099492: Open Data does not support feature layer symbology and every symbology appears in default blue color.

This defect is currently in Product Plan, meaning that the product team will address this issue. Even though it's logged for ArcGIS Online, it will make its way into ArcGIS Enterprise. Please log a case with Esri Technical Support to have your account added to the enhancement. This was you will know when the issue will be addressed.

Keep on keeping on!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey there Martin,

Thank you for reaching out and I apologize for the time it has taken me to reply. There is an active enhancement for this issue (albeit for ArcGIS Online): ENH-000099492: Open Data does not support feature layer symbology and every symbology appears in default blue color.

This defect is currently in Product Plan, meaning that the product team will address this issue. Even though it's logged for ArcGIS Online, it will make its way into ArcGIS Enterprise. Please log a case with Esri Technical Support to have your account added to the enhancement. This was you will know when the issue will be addressed.

Keep on keeping on!
Martin1
Occasional Contributor

@JonEmch Thank you for your answer. I am looking forward to upcoming releases then.

Cheers,Martin

JamesLabadorf
New Contributor

I'm still having this issue in 2024. Would love to be able to have my symbologies displayed when my users look for data.

0 Kudos