ArcGIS for Server Security Update 2 Patch

05-24-2016 12:38 PM
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi All,

I'd like to take a moment to promote the new ArcGIS for Server Security Update 2 Patch, released just yesterday.

This update may be found here:

http://support.esri.com/en/downloads/patches-servicepacks/view/productid/66/metaid/2300

This patch is available for the final releases of each version, meaning 10.2.2 and 10.3.1.

Esri recommends that all customers using ArcGIS Server 10.2.2 and 10.3.1 apply this patch.

Customers who are using 10.2 or 10.2.1 should first apply 10.2.2.

Customers who are using 10.3 should first apply 10.3.1.

Note that to preserve conflicts for users with previously installed patches and fixes, the security patch includes many other fixes in addition to traditional ‘security’ issues. Details regarding the fixes included in this update are documented in the patch documentation referenced above.

Tags (2)
9 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Enterprise GISEnterprise GIS in National Security

For a broader audience.....

--- George T.
0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Thanks for the notification.  Can you repost to this same thread (so we get nootified) when the 10.2.2 version is out...still says coming soon.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

the link no longer find a valid page.

looks like the patch is now available on the new support pages

Esri Support download

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

@Rebecca the 10.2.2 patch is now live

ArcGIS for Server Security 2016 Update 2 Patch

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Thanks Randall!

0 Kudos
AlysonIngebrigtsen
New Contributor

Has anyone had issues logging into Server Manager after installing this patch? The login windows appear stacked for me and I get no response from the browser when I click 'login' after entering user and pw.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I have not, but if you have the option, try a different browser.    It works ok for me in IE11 and the latest FireFox.

0 Kudos
AlysonIngebrigtsen
New Contributor

Thank you Rebecca-

My colleague set me straight- it was my mistake. I applied the patch directly after upgrading from Server 10.1.1 to 10.3.1 and was not aware that the login url had changed. Once I updated my shortcut with the proper URL I have no issues on IE 9, 10, 11, Firefox or Chrome!

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

That would have been my next guess, and almost mentioned that, but since you hadn't mentioned the upgrade, didn't think that would be the case.  Very glad you got it working.

0 Kudos