Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS for Server Print error (silverlight)

07-25-2013 10:04 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: drulison

The attached images are three parts of the same error message.  There appears to be 2 seperate issues in the message, however, the proxy error message is new this morning.  The one I'm most interested in resolving is the error about connecting to the arcgisonline map server (part 1).  That was the original error message I received and prevented any printing.  Not sure why this is a problem because I can connect to this outside of this web app.  And why wouldn't it print all the other data and leave out the basemap?

I've followed the instructions from the ArcGIS help documentation and viewed a webinar on printing using ArcGIS for Server and i thought I had everything set up correctly (seems pretty straightforward).  Obviously not.  I hope I'm just overlooking something but I have attempted everything I know to try.

Any help or advice?

thanks

Doug
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mahoque

Doug,
this is what I'll need you to do:
- log on the server machine (where printing service is running) as "ArcGIS Server Account User"
- open a web browser and navigate to the REST service end point of the topo service running on arcgis.com

if you get an proxy server error and can't connect to the arcgis.com topo service, then try to setup the proxy server with the Internet connection for that machine following instructions from this help topic:
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/#/Using_a_proxy_server_to_connect_to_the_Internet/0154...

now, try to navigate to topo service's service directory.

then try it with the printing service.
0 Kudos