ArcGIS for Server 10.2.2 / Teradata 14.10

Jump to solution
04-10-2015 12:27 PM
deleted-user-3VgAsJKWtJe2
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to register a Teradata connection file to ArcGIS Server, but I get the error that "Operation Failed". I have created the 32-bit ODBC connection on my client machine (and can create the connection file in ArcCatalog and use the data in ArcMap with no issues). I have also created the 64-bit ODBC connection of the same name on the server machine. I have contacted Esri support and spoke to several people with no luck. I have followed Esri's documentation: ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2) but I am still having issues. Has anyone been able to successfully register a Teradata DB connection file (not the OLE one) with ArcGIS Server 10.2.2? Are there any steps that you had to do that Esri did not properly document?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor II

Finally, a solution was found. When trying to register Teradata with ArcGIS Server, the Teradata username MUST be less than 10 characters. Anything over 10 characters will results in failure.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
New Contributor II

Finally, a solution was found. When trying to register Teradata with ArcGIS Server, the Teradata username MUST be less than 10 characters. Anything over 10 characters will results in failure.