ArcGIS Enterprise Sites- adding too many groups seems to break search functionality and the ability to manage groups and content

Jump to solution
04-03-2020 07:18 AM
OsgurMcDermott_Long
New Contributor II

I have been creating a sites page on our on premise ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8 however I have been running into the issue that as soon as I add more than about 33 groups the ability to manage groups and content disappears. As does the ability to search for data using the search bar. Clicking " Groups Manager" / "Content Library" or using the search bar returns a 

So sorry. We looked everywhere and just can't seem to find what you were looking for.

I can browse to the data I am looking for using the category connections I have set up. 

Any help would be much appreciated! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I believe you can increase the web server's allowance for REST API request size....what I think you're hitting is the query request is exceeding IIS' allowed size for a query (10kb I think is their default). If you bump that number, it may start to work. One useful troubleshooting tool is to look at the failing XHR in your browser's network tab as that'll likely tell us the root cause.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you by chance using IIS on its default settings?

0 Kudos
OsgurMcDermott_Long
New Contributor II

Graham Hudgins Very potentially, what setting should I be using? Thanks for your help in advance!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I believe you can increase the web server's allowance for REST API request size....what I think you're hitting is the query request is exceeding IIS' allowed size for a query (10kb I think is their default). If you bump that number, it may start to work. One useful troubleshooting tool is to look at the failing XHR in your browser's network tab as that'll likely tell us the root cause.

0 Kudos