Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Enterprise Portal 11.3 - Galleries in Sites not showing up after Upgrade from 11.1

Jump to solution
07-29-2024 12:52 AM
ChristianStern
New Contributor III

Hi everybody,

last week I updated portal 11.1 to 11.3.
From then on, the gallery widgets in my sites don't work properly anymore. They don't show the items that are selected for display. It worked perfectly in the previous version.

I opend up a ticket with Esri but am still curious if others experience the same problem. Any comments or ideas?

[Edit]
It seems to be dependent upon thumbnail images displaying or not. Gallery mode 'use icons' works, but is not an option for me. I already tried to re-upload the thumbnails, but still no success.

[Edit2] Esri support told me that this is a bug already reported for 11.2 and now extended to 11.3
As workaround they propose:

• For Appearance in Gallery, choose the option Use Icon rather than Use Thumbnails.
  • Use the Image card to upload the thumbnails of the items and add hyperlinks to the images via Options.

Best wishes
Christian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JustinMallinckrodt
Esri Contributor

Hello Christian,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into BUG-000163121! You're not alone and we agree that this is disruptive. With that being said, we're working on a patch for 11.2 and 11.3 to resolve this issue.

Anyone else who is seeing this post and is running into this issue, make sure you follow BUG-000163121 so you can get an update when the patch is released. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JustinMallinckrodt
Esri Contributor

Hello Christian,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into BUG-000163121! You're not alone and we agree that this is disruptive. With that being said, we're working on a patch for 11.2 and 11.3 to resolve this issue.

Anyone else who is seeing this post and is running into this issue, make sure you follow BUG-000163121 so you can get an update when the patch is released.