Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 - Web adaptor doesn't install IIS application

Jump to solution
03-18-2024 01:03 PM
NicolasRacine
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I am currently installing ArcGIS Enterprise on one of our computers running Windows 10 with IIS 10 as the web server. I have both web deploy 4.0 and .NET hosting bundle 6.0.28 installed and all the required IIS components enabled from the documentation of Web Adaptor 11.2. The installer works as normal with no warnings but after clicking install it opens a text file named ESRI.ArcGIS.WebAdaptor.deploy-readme (which details how to use web deploy to deploy Web Adaptor) and once the installation process completes successfully it opens a 404 webpage at Localhost/[site]/webadaptor. When I go in the IIS Manager I notice that no virtual folder / application were created but the adaptor AppPool is generated. I have tried to use web deploy 3.6 and different .NET hosting bundle versions but the issue persists. I couldn't find a location for install logs so I am a bit lost on what the issue is. All suggestions are welcome.

Many thanks in advance,

Nicolas.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DebendraBiswas1
New Contributor III

I have encountered a similar issue before, and it turned out that the culprit was the antivirus software. Try disabling the antivirus on the web server and see if that resolves the problem.

Cheers,

Debendra

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Scott_Tansley
MVP Regular Contributor

The only thing I can think of is this warning of having things installed in the right order from Esri:

Scott_Tansley_0-1710794918487.png

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/system-requirements/latest/windows/arcgis-web-adaptor-system-requir...

Scott Tansley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scotttansley/
0 Kudos
DebendraBiswas1
New Contributor III

I have encountered a similar issue before, and it turned out that the culprit was the antivirus software. Try disabling the antivirus on the web server and see if that resolves the problem.

Cheers,

Debendra