ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 and New Popups

11-24-2021 09:03 AM
NathanHeickLACSD
Occasional Contributor III

I just got an email touting the new features of ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1.  It says that the new Map Viewer is now incorporated into ArcGIS Enterprise.  I played with the new Map Viewer a few months ago and it wasn't great for some of my older applications, but I thought it would be extremely valuable on a new application we're building in Web AppBuilder.  What I liked were the popups that supported a stacked column of information.  We were already planning on implementing something vary similar using JavaScript, but I thought this would save us on customization.

My question is do these stacked column popups that you can create in the new Map Viewer required the 4.X JS API to display or can they be displayed in Web AppBuilder using the 3.X JS API.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Nathan

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

They can not be displayed in WAB, or any map on the 3.x API. Once you configure your popup to have columns, or any other new capability, opening that map in a 3.x map will only give you a portion of the popup.

If there's no WAB-specific widgets holding you back, you might look into Experience Builder for getting a 4.x compatible web app. But we've got a few maps/apps that, at least for now, have to stay in the 3.x tools, and so we have to put in extra work to create "fancy" popups.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos