ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1 - WinError 10054

09-06-2019 06:49 AM
MarkJones7
Occasional Contributor

Good Morning,

I am just wondering if anyone else has had the following issue when using the Python API to publish to a enterprise portal:

[WinError 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Are there any server settings that might cause this error to occur? I never had it when using the Development portal. This has been occurring with the Production portal (I have reached out to our IT people as well).

Thanks,

Mark

2 Replies
RachelSears
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Mark!

This can happen if the client machine falls asleep or enters power save mode. Without knowing more about the environment (operating system for the Server machine, underlying DBMS and version, etc) I am unsure if this is the issue you are having, but make sure that your machine is configured to not go to sleep for longer than the time it will be idle:

Also, in Device Manager, under Network Adapters, right-click the listed network adapters, select Properties, and click the Power Management tab. Uncheck the box for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."

Hope this helps!

-- Rachel

0 Kudos
Martin1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mark,

Did you ever find a solution for these issues?
I have the same strange error and no explanation.

All my scripts worked fine until recently. Since yesterday I always get this error when trying to upload to a Portal.

Thanks

Martin

0 Kudos