ArcGIS and Nutanix?

03-04-2014 06:54 AM
DEWright_CA
Occasional Contributor III
Has anyone else started looking or is working with the NUTANIX platform for VMWare and powering ArcGIS Services? I am intrigued by the mix of SSD to store the live access data while the HDD array maintains the less accessed data.

Are there any success stories out there?

Thanks;

David
0 Kudos
13 Replies
RyanDanzey
Esri Contributor

Nutanix has a fantastic technology stack that is very capable of supporting the needs of ArcGIS Pro desktop virtualization as well as server virtualization.  My team was only able to spend a limited time using the Nutanix systems which focused more on desktop VDI instead of a total enterprise infrastructure deployment. Our testing was focused on desktop deployment, so I cant speak to all aspects of our product deployments.  I do however know that some customers have looked into and deployed using Nutanix to support their infrastructure needs.    

frdchp2021
New Contributor

Any news about ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1  on Nutanix

0 Kudos
DEWright_CA
Occasional Contributor III

For the most part I have been pretty happy with it; I am on my second generation of Nutanix as a VM-Farm for my Enterprise and it is pretty good.

Key things being to ensure you properly plan you deployment, thinking about your SDLC properly and your loads. So how to place and structure your AGS, Portal, Datastore layers, Web-Adaptors, and take into consideration high-availability.

DavidHoy
Esri Contributor

Do you use Nutanix Files for ArcGIS Server Config and Directories?
If so, have you needed to configure the SMB shares to remove caching, oplocks and leasing?

0 Kudos