Arc GisMap asking ArcGIS Server path while publishing

03-29-2016 04:36 AM
NAGARAJNIDAGUNDI
New Contributor

Arc GisMap asking ArcGIS Server path while publishing. What should i give ? im new to this.

and is it necessary to mension port 6080. plz help

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nagaraj,

When you publish a map service you define the ArcGIS Server path you are wanting to publish to like http://Myserver:6080/arcgis. Just like the example url that is provided in the dialog that appears when you add a server to publish to.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nagaraj,

You may want to look at the tutorial Tutorial: Publishing a map service—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server     and the help page Approaches for publishing services with ArcGIS—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server   To get a better understanding about the process.

This is assuming that you are asking about ArcGIS Server.  If this is the case, you may also want to look at Moving Content​ and move this to the ArcGIS for Server​  space   ( other spaces can be fount GeoNet Community Structure​ )

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

since it sounds like you are still having questions after looking at the tutorial, first question, do you have ArcGIS Server installed?  If you don't, then the http://my server:6080/ArcGIS wouldnt work.   If you do, the "myserver" portion of the oath would be the name of the server box that the ArcGIS server software is installed.

if you do not have ArcGIS Server, you may want to think about publishing to an ArcGIS Online account.

it would help if you could include a few more details about what you currently have, and what you are trying to do.  Otherwise we are just guessing or how we can help.

0 Kudos
NAGARAJNIDAGUNDI
New Contributor

Yes im tring to publish ArcGIS Server. Yes, you r right I didnt install ArcGIS Server. Plz help me how to download ArcGIS Server..?

Otherwise I have ArcGIS account , can i publish in "My Contents" place...?

Thank You for your Information.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

ArcGis Server is a licensed product, and is only downloadable if you are licensed.  It sounds like you do not have a license, since it's not a cheap product...so you would know if you had it.

for publishing to ArcGIS Online, I would check out Publish hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS     If you only have a free  ArcgIS Online account, there may be limits to what you will be able to do.  You may also want to look thru Frequently asked questions—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS    Which may answer some of your questions.

0 Kudos
NAGARAJNIDAGUNDI
New Contributor

Thank u dude, Thank for Info...

0 Kudos