Anyway to check/manage existing tokens?

Jump to solution
02-14-2013 09:07 AM
DawenXie
New Contributor III
For an admin, do we have a way to check/manage existing tokens?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
I don't think that there is any way to get a list of tokens which have been generated/issued.

You can however, change the security key which will invalidate tokens previously issued.  You can also control how long tokens can be issued for as well.

Do you have a specific concern/problem?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
I don't think that there is any way to get a list of tokens which have been generated/issued.

You can however, change the security key which will invalidate tokens previously issued.  You can also control how long tokens can be issued for as well.

0 Kudos
DawenXie
New Contributor III
Thanks for your answer.

We are using long-lived tokens for our applications. We need to generate new tokens before they are expired and we don't give end user access directly, i.e., the applications use the tokens via a server site proxy page. It would be very helpful to have interface for admin to get the a list of tokens and their expiration dates.

0 Kudos
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
If you generate the tokens then you can manage this information yourself.

I do not believe that ArcGIS Server is going to do this for you.
0 Kudos
DawenXie
New Contributor III
I agree with the first part -- yes, we should manage it with documentation.

But for the second part, I was wondering why not. ArcGIS has provided admin access to different information, e.g., for the security part, we have access to manage users, roles, tokens (configuation), etc. I think having access to all tokens would be useful. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

If you generate the tokens then you can manage this information yourself.

I do not believe that ArcGIS Server is going to do this for you.
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
you can post in ESRI ArcGIS Ideas http://ideas.arcgis.com/
0 Kudos
DawenXie
New Contributor III
Thanks for your suggestion. I added one:
https://c.na9.visual.force.com/apex/ideaView?id=087E00000004VcsIAE

Kindly support it if you think it's useful as well.

you can post in ESRI ArcGIS Ideas http://ideas.arcgis.com/
0 Kudos
MattLane
Occasional Contributor II
It was my understanding that tokens aren't generated and then stored anywhere by AGS, but rather just an encrypted string that contains the credentials and expiration, with encryption generated with the security key. Therefore AGS doesn't know what was generated in the past, but looks at a token as it comes in and decrypts it to make sure it is valid before it processes the request.
0 Kudos