An error was encountered while synchronizing with the config store

Jump to solution
10-28-2014 09:18 AM
Sravan_KumarUddarraju
New Contributor

I do have Geodata service and couple of mapservice in ArcGIS Server. There is no activities (sync) going on server, but still see the following error in ArcGIS Server logs. Any idea why am I getting this error? We don't have clusters, using only one ArcGIS Server 10.2.2 machine.

Error:An error was encountered while synchronizing with the config store. Failed to synchronize machine 'XXXXX' with the site. Failed to update the identity store configuration. Failed to refresh the identity store configuration. RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is: java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested exception is: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.esri.arcgis.discovery.servicelib.ServerContext

Thanks,

Sravan

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidFlack
New Contributor III

Sravan, I am seeing an identical error on my 10.2.2 installation that uses the 10.0 SQL Server User and Role Stores..  What kind of security store are you using? 

I'm working with ESRI support and will let you know if I find anything.. Have you been able to find out more about this?

Dave

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DavidFlack
New Contributor III

Sravan, I am seeing an identical error on my 10.2.2 installation that uses the 10.0 SQL Server User and Role Stores..  What kind of security store are you using? 

I'm working with ESRI support and will let you know if I find anything.. Have you been able to find out more about this?

Dave

Sravan_KumarUddarraju
New Contributor

We are using asp.net membership and role provider for SQL Server (10.50.4000). I can't explain what was causing this error (I think something was wrong with Identity store Json config properties) , but I have followed the documentation and reconfigured Identity store (configured to membership database)  and it did work for me.

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

Sravan

0 Kudos
DavidFlack
New Contributor III

I spent many hours with ESRI support on this. They were truly stumped and recommended a clean installation of ArcGIS Server and the WebAdaptor.

After I reinstalled 10.2.2, I was left the same issue. After removing 10.2.2 again, I tried installing Server 10.2.1 and now it seems to work normally.

0 Kudos
JanineLatham
New Contributor II

Has there been any response from ESRI on this issue for 10.2.2? We also are using a custom identity store, asp.net framework with SQL Server backend. We were using this custom identity store on 10.1 without seeing this issue. Thanks

0 Kudos
KrisFuller
New Contributor II

David, or anyone in this forum, have you heard anything back from ESRI regarding this issue? I also use a SQL Server Identity Store and am getting the exact same error message.

Any information on resolving this issue is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
DavidFlack
New Contributor III

Kris, after a lot of hours working with tech support, we finally gave up on 10.2.2 and installed 10.2.1.  Since then the problem completely disappeared. I believe ESRI found a bug and has it fixed at 10.3, but I'm not certain of it.  I think the bug is this one:

NIM102779

When an ASP.NET customer provider is configured with Server, changing Server security

protocol produces severe errors in Server log at every minute.

0 Kudos
KrisFuller
New Contributor II

Thanks for the response David. NIM102779 does sound like the bug we are experiencing. We are going to install 10.3 on a dev server next week and will be able to test it out. I will post my results.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting this same error on a 4 machine server site using ArcGIS 10.3.1 (with all patches applied). Has anyone found a solution?

0 Kudos