Altered attribute values when publishing data using a unique value symbology

697
3
04-07-2021 08:05 PM
JustinOdell
Occasional Contributor III

I have an ArcGIS Pro project with a layer of data I wish to publish as a web service. I have configured the symbology such that it uses a 'Unique Values' style which lists all the combinations of 2 attributes I have identified. 

When I publish the data as a web service and interrogate the data, I note that the values of the first attribute are altered such that they display the unique values of "Attribute 1, Attribute 2" instead of simply the "Attribute 1" value only.

If I export this service to a FGDB and download it, the underlying data is not affected in this manner. It is simply in how the web service displays the attributes.

Is this a bug, or something I have done wrong? I've tested publishing in both ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap with the same result.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kyle_LocGov
New Contributor III

Justin,

Did you ever find a solution? I am experiencing a similar issue but not quite the same. I am publishing a Web Layer from Pro and when I open it in the AGOL Web Map Viewer, the attributes from some features are taking on the values of others.

0 Kudos
JustinOdell
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Kyle,

In short, no I wasn't able to find a solution. My workaround was to create a new attribute (Attribute 3) which concatenated the values from Attribute1 and 2 respectively. I used Attribute 3 to derive my 'unique' symbology, as opposed to an expression of Attributes 1 and 2 which would compromise the display of values in Attribute 1.

Hope that makes sense!

0 Kudos
Kyle_LocGov
New Contributor III

Hey Justin,

Thanks for the reply. I solved the similar issue I was having yesterday afternoon, which had me stuck for about a day. I realized that the default values I had set to streamline editing were populating cells with null values when publishing a web layer. Thanks and take care!  

0 Kudos