Select to view content in your preferred language

Administration

Jump to solution
08-10-2023 03:00 PM
Ivy_Hinson
New Contributor III

I am new to ArcGIS administration and was given this role with little insight into how our system is set up. Does anyone have good resources for finding our more about our server, or any general info that I should know getting started. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetins @Ivy_Hinson 

From your description, I find it difficult to ascertain if you are talking about administering an ArcGIS Online organisation or an ArcGIS Enterprise deployment which is deployed in your organisation.

If ArcGIS Online (AGO), there are many online resources you could tap into with excellent information about the administration aspects of AGO, starting with Get started with administration which has various links to extended topics on the subject. Additionally, I would recommend the Esri Academy where you will find loads of courses about the subject.

For ArcGIS Enterprise, or what I would describe as AGO on-premise, I would recommend starting with the ArcGIS Enterprise Essentials. In addition, you will find an excellent choice of courses at the above-mentioned Esri Academy.

I hope the above sources are enough to get you started.

Welcome to the World of ArcGIS administration... Your Esri Community is here to assist.

Miguel

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetins @Ivy_Hinson 

From your description, I find it difficult to ascertain if you are talking about administering an ArcGIS Online organisation or an ArcGIS Enterprise deployment which is deployed in your organisation.

If ArcGIS Online (AGO), there are many online resources you could tap into with excellent information about the administration aspects of AGO, starting with Get started with administration which has various links to extended topics on the subject. Additionally, I would recommend the Esri Academy where you will find loads of courses about the subject.

For ArcGIS Enterprise, or what I would describe as AGO on-premise, I would recommend starting with the ArcGIS Enterprise Essentials. In addition, you will find an excellent choice of courses at the above-mentioned Esri Academy.

I hope the above sources are enough to get you started.

Welcome to the World of ArcGIS administration... Your Esri Community is here to assist.

Miguel