Select to view content in your preferred language

Accessing Secured OGC Services tomcat 499 error

01-18-2013 08:51 AM
MatthewMoran1
New Contributor
I have a multiple machine Arcgis Server (linux) instance up instance up. The site is secured via ssl/https (only), and pulls users from ldap. Roles are stored locally (will be switched over soon).

I recently started tooling around with some test services, and noticed that if i locked down services (restricted to certain roles), when i made calls to the WMS GetCapabilities() i received a tomcat 499 error (even when logged into the correct users/roles). This error really doesn't help me (it means something like client closed connection). The service can still be viewed using the default esri mapping, but WMS support is needed. Any ideas as to what would cause this?

Note: I Have the web adaptor installed (linux again), but am still using token based authentication (haven't worked out how to do web tier without IIS). The tomcat 499 error happens regardless of the web adapter being there or not (took a while to realize it was the arcgis internal server throwing the error) I am also Fairly new to Arcgis server, so I am hoping it is something obvious i have just overlooked.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
TomSchuller
Frequent Contributor
Hy,
we have the same problem.

Did you found a workaround or the solution to the problem?

Thanks,
Tom
0 Kudos
MarkChilcott
Frequent Contributor

Hi Peoples,

We have a similar set up (ArcGIS Server 10.3.1).  Was this resolved?  Did you get to the bottom of it?

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
MarkChilcott
Frequent Contributor

Hi Peoples,

It looks to me that once the WMS Service has been secured, you have to obtain a token, and pass the token with the WMS request. 

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Adding to what Mark said, 499 means "Token Required", so adding a token to the request should work.

0 Kudos
MarkChilcott
Frequent Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

We are using ArcGIS Server Authentication tier for security.  If this is the case, and we make any service private by securing it to a role, then does this mean any WMS request to this service requires a token?

Reference:

Configuring ArcGIS Server's authentication tier

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes, I believe since the WMS service is an extension of the map service, if the map service is secure, the WMS service will also require a token.

0 Kudos