arcgisportal temp Folder: Many Large Subdirectories

Jump to solution
10-14-2020 12:58 PM
ZianChoy
Occasional Contributor

Does Portal have anything that automatically cleans up the temp folder once in a while?

I see that it is using >18 GB to hold temporary files (likely from routine WebGIS DR restores).

WinDirStat screenshot showing the many tmp-portal-unzip folders

If there isn't an automated solution, then when is it safe to delete the files in the temp folder? Can I delete all the tmp-portal-unzip folders every time WebGIS DR finishes restoring a backup?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ElliotJones
Esri Contributor

Hi @ZianChoy,

These "tmp-portal-unzip" files are left over from importing a webgisdr restore into your Portal, and can be safely removed after the restore succeeds. I am not aware of an automatic process that clears these out.

View solution in original post

ZianChoy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the tip. I've also taken to cleaning out the "tmp-ags-site" folders inside C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\runtime\tomcat\temp\ for the same reason.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ElliotJones
Esri Contributor

Hi @ZianChoy,

These "tmp-portal-unzip" files are left over from importing a webgisdr restore into your Portal, and can be safely removed after the restore succeeds. I am not aware of an automatic process that clears these out.

ZianChoy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the tip. I've also taken to cleaning out the "tmp-ags-site" folders inside C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\runtime\tomcat\temp\ for the same reason.