Select to view content in your preferred language

Web Adaptor automatically redirecting to Portal (7443 url)

04-02-2018 03:02 PM
Sergio_EduardoGalindo
Esri Contributor

After struggling while trying to federate an ArcGIS Server Site deployed in Azure, my Web Adaptor for Portal for ArcGIS ended up always redirecting to the internal Portal url (with the 7443 port).

Everytime I try to browse my portal home at: https://vgis06.eastus.cloudapp.azure.com/waportal (through web adaptor),  It automarcally re-directs to https://vgis06.eastus.cloudapp.azure.com:7443/arcgis/home/ , which is the internal Portal url.

I've tried even reinstalling web adaptor for portal with no success; somehow, Portal takes control an makes the redirect.

I've tried in every browser available, I've deleted all cookies, history and downloaded files, InPrivate tabs, etc. Same result.

Anyone have experienced something similar?

Thanks in advance

Sergio G

25 Replies
OmerBen-Asher
New Contributor III

Hi,

i Have the same iisue 10.7.1, did anybody resolved it?

Thanks.

JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

I have this happening on a portal 10.8 install, and in fact cannot get it to not happen.  I have rebuilt numerous enterprise servers (on AWS) and this always happens.  My hosts file is empty, I have a single machine name (no alias).  Everything is fine, I have installed Enterprise more times than I could count and have never seen this until I started doing on these 10.8 instances on AWS (I have installed on AWS before).  This is a single machine install

Thanks,
-Joe
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

If you go to https://portal.domain.com:7443/arcgis/portaladmin/system/webadaptors, click on the web adaptor that's listed there, and then look at the URL property, are you using that URL to access Portal? Portal only knows about that URL. If you access Portal via a CNAME that is different than the URL listed there, then it will redirect. You'll need to either set the Web Context URL to your alias or access the web adaptor registration page over the URL you want to access portal with.

JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

It was the correct setup, I have since blown away the instance on AWS so cannot show.  I removed and re-added the Web Adapter multiple times (some with a re-install of Web Adapter).  It showed the correct values but would still redirect

Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

If you get around to setting up a new machine and it happens again, feel free to reply back with a screenshot or example of the hostname of the machine, the URL you used to register the WA, and network traffic using the dev tools or Fiddler showing the redirect. Are you using the default hostname of the AMI, or assigning the AMI a new hostname?

Edgar_W_Iparraguirre
New Contributor III

The same issue was occurring on one of my virtual machines, configured with Windows Server 2019 and AGE 10.9.1. To be clear, the issue was only when going to /portal/home or /portal/sharing/rest. The remaining one (/portal/portaladmin) was not being redirected to 7443.

Being that the machine is not part of an AD domain, the Full Computer Name (NOT the Full Qualified Domain Name =FQDN) was set to be the machine name (W2K1901), without a DNS domain appended to it.

The solution turned out to be defining the primary DNS suffix of this computer to be equal to the DNS domain.

2022-02-12_165857-ESRIBX0767.png

0 Kudos