transformation parameters missing

Jump to solution
06-18-2012 05:14 AM
JurgenRoder
New Contributor
Hi,

I am trying to reproject a data set from the French system "RGF_1993_CC50" to the Belgian coordinate system "Belge_Lambert_1972"
After doing so I noticed a slight shift against the BingMap basemap.
I was able to reproject the data set in the Bluemarble Geographic Calculator successfully. After loading the reprojected data set into ArcGis the data and basemap matched perfectly.
After comparing the parameters of ArcGis against these of BlueMarble I noticed that the transformation parameters are not available in ArcGis. I guess this is a bug ?
How can I get ArcGis to make the correct transformation without having to create a custom transformation ?

thanks,
Jürgen
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor
Hi,

I am trying to reproject a data set from the French system "RGF_1993_CC50" to the Belgian coordinate system "Belge_Lambert_1972"
I was able to reproject the data set in the Bluemarble Geographic Calculator successfully. After loading the reprojected data set into ArcGis the data and basemap matched perfectly.
After comparing the parameters of ArcGis against these of BlueMarble I noticed that the transformation parameters are not available in ArcGis. I guess this is a bug ?
How can I get ArcGis to make the correct transformation without having to create a custom transformation ?

thanks,
Jürgen

We don't have any direct (one step) transformations between RGF 1993 and Belge 1972. It's possible to set up a 'path' (two-steps) of transformations using the Project tool, but not in ArcMap before 10.1. If you're using the Project Tool, which transformations are you using? Otherwise, if you want to project the data on-the-fly (in-memory) only in ArcMap and don't have ArcGIS 10.1 yet, you would have to use the Create Custom Geographic Transformation tool and concatenate the parameter values for two 3- or 7-parameter transformations.

Melita

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor
Hi,

thanks,
Jürgen

We don't have any direct (one step) transformations between RGF 1993 and Belge 1972. It's possible to set up a 'path' (two-steps) of transformations using the Project tool, but not in ArcMap before 10.1. If you're using the Project Tool, which transformations are you using? Otherwise, if you want to project the data on-the-fly (in-memory) only in ArcMap and don't have ArcGIS 10.1 yet, you would have to use the Create Custom Geographic Transformation tool and concatenate the parameter values for two 3- or 7-parameter transformations.

Melita
0 Kudos