Standby Portal Webgisdr issues

Jump to solution
02-09-2018 07:11 AM
SamJehle1
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm currently testing the webgisdr utility and replicating a primary portal environment to a standby portal environment for disaster recovery. Each environment uses the same URL and references separate virtual IP addresses. My portal setup has a federated ArcGIS Server instance and a separate ArcGIS Server as the host server. I'm coming across two issues in the standby portal instance:

1. The tool fails on the ArcGIS Data Store saying it is unable to find the data store in the standby environment since the names are different. Does the standby data store environment need to have the same database name?
  2. Besides the data store, everything seems to restore just fine. But, after futher investigation I noticed both the ArcGIS Server instances have had their directories changed to the same location as the primary environment. The site configuration file location for the standby sites are still the same. Is this normal behavior? I'm worried this will cause issues down the road when I'm importing the full site to the standby environment. I don't want to overwrite services that are in primary environment.
21 Replies
NathanHeickLACSD
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jonathan,

Could you expand on the registered data stores have to be identical?  Do we have to use the exact same name?  Sometimes our data stores were registered in different places like Server Manager, ArcMap, and ArcGIS Pro.  I just want to make sure I know how identical they have to be.  Is it just a matter of making sure the data stores can validate or is it looking for everything to be exactly the same?

0 Kudos
ToddBuehlman
New Contributor

My WEBGISDR backup works just fine in FULL BACKUP mode, but the datastores backups fail with a similar message when running the restore under the incremental mode. Below is the error message - 

Failed to import data to your replicated site.. Extended error message: Write to configuration store failed.. Extended error message: com.esri.arcgis.datastore.common.DataStoreException: com.esri.arcgis.datastore.common.DataStoreException: Write to configuration store failed.","description":"Deploy data store snapshot December-11-2018-2-36-23-PM-CST-61-INCREMENTAL from

0 Kudos