Select to view content in your preferred language

SamplwWorldCities is shown to organizational users although it is shared only for the owner

Jump to solution
08-28-2022 12:24 AM
MiriEshel1
Emerging Contributor

Hi,

I've noticed that SamplwWorldCities is a service that is owned only by user called PortalAdmin.

Still, When I login to REST folder with my account, I can see it also. How come? I've checked that it doesn't belong to any group.

Thanks,

Miri

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherPawlyszyn
Esri Contributor

Users with administrative roles are able to see all services for federates sites' in the REST/Services endpoint since they have permission to access all items within the organization as well. Otherwise, lesser-privileged users are verified via the privatePortalURL for permissions to services/folders prior to display of the REST services page.

-- Chris Pawlyszyn

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChristopherPawlyszyn
Esri Contributor

Does your account have any administrator privileges assigned as a custom role? I tried to replicate this on an 11.0 site with a built-in user with 'user' role and could not see the service at REST when signing-in as this user.

-- Chris Pawlyszyn
0 Kudos
MiriEshel1
Emerging Contributor

Hello  Christopher,

I have administrator privileges but I thought that only if the user who owns the service can see it if he doesn't share it. I guess I was wrong? I understand now that even if he doesn't share it, not even for the organization, I can still see it because I'm an administrator. Right?

Thanks,

Miri

0 Kudos
ChristopherPawlyszyn
Esri Contributor

Users with administrative roles are able to see all services for federates sites' in the REST/Services endpoint since they have permission to access all items within the organization as well. Otherwise, lesser-privileged users are verified via the privatePortalURL for permissions to services/folders prior to display of the REST services page.

-- Chris Pawlyszyn
0 Kudos
MiriEshel1
Emerging Contributor

Hi Christopher,

You are right.

Thanks a lot,

Miri

0 Kudos