python overwrite hosted feature layer job fails, layer no longer accessible

11-23-2020 01:51 PM
EricKriener
Occasional Contributor

I have a python script that has been running fine for a few months. The other day the job blew up for some reason (can't figure out why) and now I can even update my HFL by hand. There's no data showing, can't hit a rest endpoint, getting permission errors.

It is powering a dashboard. How do I get it back?

The containing process for 'System/PublishingToolsEx' job 'j5b3205d51ec7499cbdd4233652807f44' has crashed.

Error getting service.

Unable to process request. Service Hosted/XXXXX/MapServer not found

User does not have permissions to access 'hosted/XXXXX.mapserver'.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Eric,

Can you try restarting ArcGIS Server and manually republish the data by overwriting the existing hosting feature service? It seems as though the feature layer has become corrupted, and I am wondering if a fresh version of the service will resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Calvin

0 Kudos
EricKriener
Occasional Contributor

How exactly do I "manually republish the data by overwriting the existing hosting feature service" without screwing it up and decoupling it from my dashboard?

I restarted my ArcGIS Server machine and tried the 'Update Data > Overwrite Entire Layer' button, and nothing was different...but I don't think that's what you meant.

The HFL was created by uploading a GDB as a zip file and then publishing the HFL from it.

0 Kudos