Publish exception ' Exception: Connection reset' When Publishing Hosted Feature Service

Jump to solution
04-07-2016 10:23 AM
ThomasSchultz
New Contributor III

I recently changed the managed database for my ArcGIS Server instance federated with Portal for ArcGIS, and configured as a hosting server, to an ArcGIS Data Store.  Now when I try to publish a hosted service in Portal I get the error "Publish exception ' Exception: Connection reset'".  Initially, I tried removing ArcGIS Server or un-federating it with Portal, and then adding it again.  I also tried different types of data (zipped up shapefiles, csv spreadsheets, etc.) and they all give that error.  If I take that same data and publish to that instance of ArcGIS Server through ArcMap, that works fine.  So it seems that there is some connection error between Portal and Server that I can't figure out.  Both my Server and Portal are at version 10.3.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasSchultz
New Contributor III

After upgrading the federated ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Data Store as well as Portal for ArcGIS to 10.4 the problem has gone away.  I unfortunately do not know what the problem was, but if you are experiencing the same issue, you may want try upgrading (in a test environment first when possible).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ThomasSchultz
New Contributor III

After upgrading the federated ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Data Store as well as Portal for ArcGIS to 10.4 the problem has gone away.  I unfortunately do not know what the problem was, but if you are experiencing the same issue, you may want try upgrading (in a test environment first when possible).