Select to view content in your preferred language

Public Facing Webapp randomly asks for login and password. Help....

04-06-2022 10:10 AM
Labels (2)
JenniferMcFarland-
Emerging Contributor

Good Afternoon,  I Have a public facing webapp for a provider search that is randomly asking users to login to the portal.  Has anyone ever seen this behavior before?  I don't even know how to begin troubleshooting it.   Here is the url to the application.   https://geo1.oit.ohio.gov/portal/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=050ef877890c4161994749af358a2c47   For the most part it works most of the time.  Then a user will email and say it is asking them for a password.  Often times they email someone at the agency the app is for and I never know the exact time of the error.    How would I trouble shoot this?  What could be causing this to happen?  I am running Version 10.9.1.  

Thanks,

Jennifer 

4 Replies
HuubZwart
Frequent Contributor

I don't have any obvious pointers. Sometimes I forget to remove an old layer from a search widget for example, which can cause problems. But not here. I've tried in 3 different browsers, all fine.

The only thing I ran into is that your portal is only accessible from IP addresses from the US (or at least the Netherlands is blocked by default)? I assume your clients are all local? Also this won't cause a login screen for your portal. Are you 100% it is actually the portal login screen they are getting? 

A sidenote, maybe this is intentional, but are you aware some of your data is publicly editable? For example the AllProviderDataProd feature service. 

0 Kudos
BobbiLay
Occasional Contributor

Did you ever find a solution to this?  This is randomly happening to us and it's frustrating to users.  I can't seem to reproduce it for myself so difficult to capture the .har or anything like that when it's not me.

0 Kudos
Amylewislakecountymn
Emerging Contributor

I'm also running version 10.9.1 and experiencing the same issue.

It looks to only be an issue when running webapps as well. I've opened a case twice with Esri now with no solution in sight. The problem feels impossible to solve as I've never run into the same issue other users are experiencing. 

KatyLewis
Emerging Contributor

We also have an ESRI case open for this, with no solution in site.  We've looked at sharing (obviously), portal and server configuration like token expiration.  Nothing has fixed the issue.