Print Service Sharing in Portal with Federated Hosting Server

Jump to solution
12-11-2017 07:59 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are currently running an ArcGIS Enterprise installation consisting of Portal with Data Store and ArcGIS Server (AGS) federated and designated as a hosting server.  The portal is using Windows AD authentication.  All installs are at 10.5.1 running on Windows 2012 R2.  The print service listed in the Utilities configuration is the AGS print service.  In web apps that I have made, the print service is accessible and functions normally.  However, in web applications made by my co-worker the print service is not accessible.  I am an admin and she is a publisher, so my assumption is that it is sharing or permission related.  

Reviewing this documentation suggests that the print service from the hosted server should be present in My Content just like other services from that server and can be shared in the same way.  However our print service is not present in the My Content of any admin including the initial administrator account.  

Am I missing something here or is there an issue with our federation?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

None of the counts matched so I ran the Full reindex.  Afterwards I checked the index status again and all the counts matched.  Unfortunately that did not fix the problem.  Searching for the print service still returns no results.  

Thinking back to the initial install, I don't think it was ever working as described in the documentation.  The map services that existed on AGS prior turned up in Portal after the federation, but I do not remember ever seeing the Printing Tools as a Portal item.  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

After working with ESRI Support, we found that there was a problem with the federation.  The server recognized the printing services as a portal item owned by the initial administrator account, but would not allow that account to share the item.  The portal did not recognize the printing services as an item at all.  We ended up having to unfederate and refederate the server which solved the problem.  

ChrisBlinn1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Katherine,

When you unfederated, did you have an issue with items missing, or services in web maps not working because their item IDs had changed? Were you able to simply to go the Portal Admin page, unfederate, then federate again in the Portal organization settings?

Thanks,

Chris B.

0 Kudos