Portal Web App print widget fails to print when basemap source is https://services.arcgisonline.com/

11-23-2022 12:23 PM
DanielBrumm1
Occasional Contributor II

ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 HA, AWS, 

My web apps will not print if the basemap I have displayed is hosted by services.arcgisonline.com. If they come from basemaps.arcgis.com they print just fine. 

Print service I am using is local hosted on my ArcGIS Server

Steps taken to troubleshoot are:

1. Added the certificate from arcgisonline.com to all of my hosts

2. Restarted and rebooted everything

3. Tried different browsers and machines

4. Tried different web apps, created new web apps. 

5. Tried different accounts that have different roles

6. Tried navigating to the web map url using a browser from my GIS hosts. I can reach the endpoints successfully. 

Error Message

1. Error executing tool Export Webmap task. (Look at the attachment)

Dan

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scott_Tansley
MVP Regular Contributor

Does your organisation use a forward proxy and are your ArcGIS Server/Portal machines configured to use it?  As users we see the services in our browser, but when we use the print service, what we see is packaged up as a JSON request and sent to the server for print production.  The server has to have the same capability to see the web services as we do as human users.  Very often our IT departments secure the server zone and limit what it can see.  

I note that you said 'you' can see the map url from the GIS host.  But the service that is running on ArcGIS Server/Portal etc is 'NOT YOU'.  It's running under a service account and so all of this depends what 'it' is allowed to see.  

Scott Tansley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scotttansley/
0 Kudos
CinziaForcina
New Contributor

hi, have you solved the problem? I get the same error message as you.

0 Kudos
DanielBrumm1
Occasional Contributor II

I did actually get this figured out. There was patch released the dealt with printing mixed content (secure and unsecure). It was for server but I cant remember the name. I installed that and everything started working like magic 🙂 

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
0 Kudos