Portal Service disappeared from windows service

12-30-2019 08:35 AM
NirmalOjha
New Contributor II

I upgraded my Portal server from 10.6.1 to 10.7.1. It was working fine. The previous installation  (10.6.1) was done by someone else. I checked for configurations and found out that the portal items are stored in separate drive (not in the OS drive) which was correct config for our machine as OS drive has less space. But, the data (db), temp and index were still in the OS drive, which has to be corrected as the data directory will consume most disk space. I copied all the data (folders: db, index and temp) from the OS drive to the other drive and then changed the path through the REST endpoint URL follwoing Changing the portal content directory—Portal for ArcGIS (10.7 and 10.7.1) | ArcGIS Enterprise. But after changing the path, the Portal service in the Windows is not running. So, everything is broken. I repaired the installation but the service did not appear. Is there a manual way to add the service? Can sc.exe be used to add the service (it should be) and what additional parameters are required (if required)?

Thanks.

Nirmal

0 Kudos
0 Replies