Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS for Server Security

02-03-2015 05:58 AM
StephenKing
New Contributor III

Hi,

I've recently installed ArcGIS for Server 10.3 and also Portal for ArcGIS (first time using Portal). I've installed web adapter and also enabled SSL (currently using the self-signed certificate). In Portal I have also added in several of my dynamic map services and shared these with everyone. I have also created a map using these map services and the map is also shared with everyone. The map opens and displays fine, but when I click on a feature to open the pop-up I get a Sign in box asking for a username and password. If I cancel and close this box everything works fine - but I'm not sure why the Sign in keeps appearing? Interestingly, if I add the same services to a map in AGOL this doesn't happen.

In a possible related problem, I have tried to change map service sharing properties in ArcGIS Server Manager but get the error that I am not signed in to a Portal, however, under Services > Sharing I am not able to change the portal and service URL addresses. When I alter them and click save, nothing happens.

Two possible causes that I can think of are that I don't have a signed certificate installed and because of this I cannot federate ArcGIS for Server with my Portal.

Can anyone shed any light on these issues for me?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Stephen,

I would be interested to see what kind of requests are going on behind the scenes when this authentication prompt comes up when you're trying to view pop-ups. Could you install Fiddler (http://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler‌) and capture some traffic while this issue comes up? Since you are using SSL, you may need to go to Tools>Fiddler Options>HTTPS and check "Decrypt HTTPS traffic" to get useful captures. I am interested in where the authentication request is coming from, the ArcGIS for Server service's URL or your Portal. This can also help point us in the right direction on troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
StephenKing
New Contributor III

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply - is it possible to send the output from Fiddler to you directly?

0 Kudos