Select to view content in your preferred language

Issue with Pop-up Information on Spatial Views in Web Map Services (WMS)

a week ago
junaidjawaid
New Contributor III

Issue with Pop-up Information on Spatial Views in Web Map Services (WMS)

For a while, I'd been creating spatial views and referencing them in web map services (WMS). However, clicking the geometries in the web map resulted in "no information available" despite configuring pop-ups in the web map. I couldn't find a specific solution within the Esri Community, so I'm posting here in hopes it can help others facing a similar issue.

Resolution:

To address this issue and improve performance for spatial views, I implemented two key steps:

1. Alias Names in the Spatial View Creation Script: While writing the create script for my spatial view, I included alias names for each field alongside the view name enclosed in brackets (e.g., (alias1, alias2, alias3, ...)) for all fields in their proper order.

2. Registering the View with the Geodatabase: I then registered the created view with the geodatabase.

By implementing these steps, pop-up information for the spatial view geometries became available in the web map.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichealPeero
New Contributor

this is another solution for the Issue with Pop-up Information on Spatial Views in Web Map Services (WMS). i implemented the same solution with the inasaldiningprices, a great website that delivers mang inasal old and new menu and prrices

If your web map shows "no information available" despite configured pop-ups, ensure your spatial views are correctly set to return attribute data and that your WMS allows feature querying. Double-check pop-up configurations to ensure they reference the correct fields. If problems continue, consult the WMS documentation for guidance.

0 Kudos