How to change dimension annotation style in ArcMap 10.1?

11-05-2013 12:12 PM
KelseyKaszas1
New Contributor
For some reason, the option to add a "New" or "Import" style is grayed out. I tried creating a different dimension annotation feature class with the style I want, and then copy and pasting the records...but the option to copy was grayed out. I have a ton of dimension annotations in the feature class I am trying to change so re-doing it is not an option. Anyone know what is going on?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28883[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LucasBannan2
New Contributor III
Hello. I think what is going on is expected behavior with the software, however, I am not sure what license level you are working with. From the following link: Importing dimension styles, it states that "This topic applies to ArcGIS for Desktop Standard and ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced only."

So if you are working with an ArcGIS for Desktop Basic license, you will be unable to import or create a new style. With that said, if you are working with an ArcGIS for Desktop Standard or Advanced license level and are still getting this behavior, I may suggest checking to see if you have proper write permissions to that particular geodatabase, make sure the feature class is not in use by another mxd or user, as well as double checking to make sure that an edit session is not currently running for that particular Dimension Annotation feature class.

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos