Help with Data Driven Pages and Map Layout

11-24-2011 01:52 PM
KieranFitzsimmons
New Contributor
As i work for a local authority , a local councillor has tasked the Unit to create maps showing 12 different electoral wards using a scale of 1:1250 , and he wants the maps very large A0 , as the authority has ARCGIS 10 ArcEditor, I know from the new features in the latest release , that this could be possible . Looking through the blogs and the forums . Is it possible to create this map to his requirements? ( these are grouped as 6 wards in one area and 5 in another) I beleive i would have to create the feature class of the wards and then create a grid . would i have to create the grid using a scale of 1:1250 over   the underlying data are the ward data  and some background raster data. Then would it be a case using data driven maps to create maps based on these grids and output them as such still keeping the scale ?
Any help would be apreciated
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardDavis1
New Contributor
you should just be able to lock the scale and use the wards feature class to drive the data pages (if they fit on the page)
dynamic text will allow you to make these really quick but if it get to complicated you should just make 6 maps
0 Kudos
DavidWatkins
Esri Contributor
You may find this free live training seminar on creating map books with data driven pages helpful:  http://training.esri.com/gateway/index.cfm?fa=catalog.webCourseDetail&courseid=2152
0 Kudos