Help ArcGIS Portal Not Lunching

07-07-2017 10:43 AM
Okeke_Onyedikachi1
New Contributor III

Greetings,

Please help I have been struggling with this for days, after successfully installing and authorizing ArcGIS Portal 10.5.I selected Create New Portal option, filled the needed information then clicked Create... A page popped out informing me that the portal has been created and would need some minutes to restart... I have been waiting for days now for the portal to load or restart, but the portal has not restarted or load.

Please I need urgent help on this.

Running on Windows Server 2012 r2 

32G Ram

Using Google Chrome browser 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
PaulDavidson1
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the info Jonathan. 

0 Kudos
Okeke_Onyedikachi1
New Contributor III

Jake,Jonathan, Paul and Jayanta. Thanks so much for all your responses and tips, Please is there any app or software i can download that can automatically fix all this bugs? if any please send a link. Again is there any guide? Thanks in anticipation.

0 Kudos
PaulDavidson1
Occasional Contributor III

I'd start here:

http://server.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/get-started/windows/what-is-arcgis-enterprise-.htm

This will give you an idea of the new "branding"

Then on the left hand side, go to the info on the new Enterprise Builder

This might help you out a lot.

http://server.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/get-started/windows/arcgis-enterprise-builder.htm

I have not used this but it looks very promising.

Enterprise is a complicated system.

Using ArcGIS Online (AGOL) is a much better solution if you don't have the support or experience to build up a network of servers, etc...

If you don't have a really good reason for your own Portal, let Esri do the work for you and use AGOL.

ArcGIS Enterprise (basically rebranded Portal, AGS, DataStore & Web Adaptor at 10.5) is awesome but you need an IT staff experienced with Esri servers to support it.

Or be prepared to start learning a lot.

The new name does say it all.

This is an Enterprise solution and that's a very different game than even what most people think of as Client/Server.

My 2 cents anyways.

-Paul Davidson

Okeke_Onyedikachi1
New Contributor III

Thanks guys!!

My ArcGIS for Portal finally loads, fully running.

I downloaded and Installed the Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 Security 2017 Update 3 Patch 

Then used Firefox browser

hurry!! Portal for ArcGIS Lunched.