Esri routing service credit usage report

04-21-2020 03:58 PM
JimLugosi
New Contributor III

Hi folks, I am trying to figure out why our credit usage is showing up only for Admin instead of individual users.  I have setup our internal Portal (intranet) to utilize Esri's routing service.  This was done by adding the rest endpoint to the Utility Services -> Directions & Routing within our Portal.

However, each time someone (besides Admin) utilizes this service, the credit usage comes out of Admin.  Why?  How can I update this so the credit usage comes from individual user?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Jim Lugosi‌,

Are users logged in when they are accessing the map? If you have shared the application with everyone (public) and it is on your internal network then when people access it and run the routing the credits will come out of the admin account as the users aren't logged in.

Thanks

Ben

If this answer was helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

JimLugosi
New Contributor III

Hi Ben, 

Thanks for your response.  One of our users is creating hosted feature layers using the Analysis option within the Map view from Portal.  To be exact its Analysis -> Use Proximity -> Plan Routes.

My assumption is that since Admin added the Esri Routing Service (Settings -> Utility Services -> Directions & Routing), the Admin account will be charged for the credit usage, not the individuals using it.

However, to test my theory I will create a stand-alone routing service (for a generic user) from the same URL/REST endpoint that was used in the Utility Services section.

Thanks

0 Kudos