Error upgrading ArcGIS Enterprise - duplicate key data.sql

Jump to solution
01-24-2022 02:05 PM
Labels (1)
TorbjørnDalløkken2
Occasional Contributor

Hi.

I'm upgrading ArcGIS Enterprise for one of my clients from ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 to 10.9.1. I've installed ArcGIS Portal and that works fine, but when I try to continue the upgrade process after choosing the license file, the upgrade fails after 30-45 minutes. 

When I look at the Portal log file, the message is 

Failed to execute SQL file '...ArcGIS\Portal\framework\template\sql\data.sql'

and that there are a duplicate key value which violates the unique constraint "gw_groups_pkey" and the key is listed. I've looked into data.sql and found the object on the same line as the logfile mentions. The object which might have a duplicate ID is the "Navigator Maps"-group. And there are lots of other errors (~30000) following the first error (current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block).

Does anyone know what might be wrong here? I've tried running the upgrade in both Internet Explorer and Firefox, and I've tried restarting the ArcGIS Portal service, with no luck.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

You're likely running into 

BUG-000127216 Portal 10.7.1 upgrade fails at 'continue upgrade' if the Navigator Maps Group owner is changed prior to upgrade

This is still reproducible in the latest versions. If you changed the owner of the group, you may need to revert to the previous version, delete the group, and then upgrade.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

You're likely running into 

BUG-000127216 Portal 10.7.1 upgrade fails at 'continue upgrade' if the Navigator Maps Group owner is changed prior to upgrade

This is still reproducible in the latest versions. If you changed the owner of the group, you may need to revert to the previous version, delete the group, and then upgrade.

TorbjørnDalløkken2
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the quick reply! The problem was solved using your description 🙂

0 Kudos