Select to view content in your preferred language

Error 500 - Could Not Reserve Object IDs

3 weeks ago
JasminePrater
Occasional Contributor II

I am trying to add a new feature to an existing Portal 11.1 service that I published in a datastore I created.  I am a SQL Server admin and ArcGIS Enterprise admin.  I have tried editing the layer in ArcGIS Pro and in a map on Portal.  I tried this last week and encountered the same issue.  When I try to add the point, whether by Paste Special from another layer or by creating a new, blank feature, I receive the following message:

Failed to create Water Valve.
Error code: 500
Description: Internal server error.
Details: Could not reserve object IDs.
Insufficient permissions [42000:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 18 for SQL Server][SQL Server]The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'i25_get_ids', database 'XXXXX', schema 'dbo'.] [WaterValve]

In Pro, I have tried this in a version I created for the service and a second version to make sure something wasn't wrong with my first version.  I've tried with these versions on Private, Protected, and Public settings.  I've tried pulling the data into a brand new ArcGIS Pro session without connections to anything other than Portal since I am using data from multiple sources and have a combination of Traditional and Branch Versioning in the original project.  This WaterValve service is uses Branch Versioning.  I have also checked the sharing in Portal, even though I'm the owner of the service and the admin.  I have restarted the ArcGIS Server Windows service and restarted the WaterValve service.

Anyone have any ideas of what the issue could be, or things I could try to resolve this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Make sure the account you use to connect to the enterprise geodatabase has sufficient permissions: read and write permission. You are the portal admin, so your portal privilege should not be a problem. 

The credential your service use to connect to the database will be stored in your registered data store.

Depending on your enterprise geodatabase authentication:

If the data is stored in a database that you access using database authentication, the database user you provide when registering the database must have permissions to the data.

If you access data through operating system authentication, add the ArcGIS Server account to the database and grant it permissions to the resources that it needs to access. When the service runs, it will sign in to the database management system as the ArcGIS Server account.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos