Select to view content in your preferred language

Enforce MFA button Missing

08-07-2024 02:44 PM
Jonathan_Marin
Occasional Contributor

I am reviewing the document Configure multifactor authentication for ArcGIS logins and I am not seeing the button they refer to that Enforces MFA.

mfa-8

Is there something that I should check off before seeing this option available?

I am at Enterprise Portal 11.2 and this article was written in November 2023, so I can't imagine I am out of date.

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

That blog is about ArcGIS Online (which is easy to miss) and the screenshot is also from ArcGIS Online. I think that for Enterprise, you enforce MFA at the Identity Provider (IdP) level. You can read more about it from the link below.

Multi-factor authentication with ArcGIS | ArcGIS Architecture Center

0 Kudos
Jonathan_Marin
Occasional Contributor

@AndreasHall So there is no way to enforce MFA unless we essentially use SSO and enforce it through our SSO method of choice?

0 Kudos
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

That seems to be the case. There is an idea submitted that it should be possible to enforce for ArcGIS logins as well. You can upvote it here: Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Force for all us... - Esri Community

0 Kudos
Yogesh_Chavan
Frequent Contributor

Hello @Jonathan_Marin,

The option you are trying to see is available after you enable the MFA setting in your portal or AGOL. Its not specific to ArcGIS online or Ent, and is same in both. You just need to enable MFA and you will see these options.

In the doc you shared its clearly mentioned:

Yogesh_Chavan_0-1723119888621.png

It's an issue if you are not seeing these options post enabling MFA. 

0 Kudos
Jonathan_Marin
Occasional Contributor

I have already enabled MFA, but this button does not appear. 

0 Kudos